In The Mane Thing on March 7, 2009 at 4:49 pm
Are you always trying to get Jessica Simpson hair? Here are the four steps and the two products you’ll need to get her January 09 Marie Clair cover hair…
1. Jessica Simpson Hair U Wear Extentions (human hair, dark blonde)
2. Wet your hair and add Ken Paves Healthy Hair Volumizing Spray to the roots, then finger tousle it while blowing it dry
3. Twist and coil (without clamping) hair around a 1” curling iron. Leave the ends of your hair out of the iron.
4. Rub Ken Paves Healthy Hair Shine Serum onto your palms and then use your hands to stretch out and loosen your curls.
Voila! Now all you need is Jessica’s closet.
In The Mane Thing on February 11, 2009 at 6:55 pm
According to research presented by Got2B, 88% of women aged 18 to 24 use blow dryers, 71% use flat irons and 64% use curling irons.
If your stylist has warned you to protect your hair from all of the heat styling you do, check out Got2Be’s newest line of styling products, dubbed guardian angel, to protect hair from the high temperatures of hair appliances like flat irons.
The new guardian angel styling products are formulated with a patented heat-activated polymer technology that promises to protect your hair from heat styling, and to protect it up to a temperature of 425 degrees!
The new collection includes guardian angel blow dry lotion, a light, protective pre-styling lotion; guardian angel flat iron balm, which insulates hair from flat iron frying to provide frizz-free locks; and guardian angel curl iron spray, which amplifies curls and creates smooth frizz-free definition.
The products have a suggested retail price of $5.99.
In The Mane Thing on February 1, 2009 at 1:47 pm
Ken Paves Says: It’s undone glamour, modern and sexy hair in less than 20 minutes. Eva loved it, and believe it or not I didn’t use any hair pieces!
Step One: Curl 1″ sections downward. Randomness adds to the sexiness.
Step Two: Part hair to the side. Curl top and sides of hair toward the face.
Step Three: Allow it to cool and set.
Step Four: Spray volumizer into hair toward the root
Step Five: Flip your head over, apply medium hair dryer heat and tussle with your fingers.
Step Six: Add a little shine serum and voila, instant cover hair!
In The Mane Thing on January 29, 2009 at 12:08 am
Kate Hudson’s bangs have been causing…quite a bang. So here is why we love it, who it suits, and how to modify it.
Why We Love It: Blunt bangs are just plain edgy and hot. Plus bangs add style – even if your hair is just pulled up in a ponytail.
Who It Suits: A blunt fringe typically looks best on straight hair cut at one length, says Nicholas Penna Jr of Salon Capri in Boston. “However, we’ve recently seen stars like Kim Kardashian wearing her blunt bangs with wavy hair, which creates a really nice contrast.”
How to Modify It: If you’re dying for blunt bangs but your stylist knows it won’t work, talk to your stylist about a side-swept fringe. A side-swept fringe is the most popular and flattering alternative to the blunt bang as it suits just about any face shape and hair texture.
In The Mane Thing on January 24, 2009 at 3:27 am
Sunsilk is launching Sunsilk Style Collection. The collection is dedicated to helping women take less time each day in getting the perfect beautiful hairstyle to get them feeling confident and looking great, whatever the occasion, while still having plenty of time for their daily activities.
Sunsilk Style Collection comes in two varieties. Straight & Sleek includes a special beeswax straight energizer formula, to keep hair sleek and straight. The range includes shampoo, nourishing conditioner, straight control cream to help keep hair straight and tidy, and texturing wax to achieve a perfect layered hair style.
The second variety is Bouncy Curls, formulated from special beeswax curl energizers to help bring out the natural beauty of curly hair. The range comes with shampoo and nourishing conditioner to soften the hair and provide it with vital nutrients, keeping curly hair under control and in style with only a single wash. Additional Curl Defining Mousse will keep curls in place the whole day long.
Andrew Barton, Sunsilk Global Hair stylist, is the creator of this new range of Sunsilk. He was the winner of the prestigious British Hairdresser of The Year 2006/2007 award and earned the nick name “People’s Hairdresser” thanks to his ability to whip up a great style for any fashionista, from everyday types to international celebrities like Madonna.
In The Makeup Says: We find it hard to believe that a shampoo, conditioner, and one or two styling products could really give us cover girl locks without the usual requirements of hairdryer, big round brushes, velcro rollers, curling irons, straighteners and such. But for the Sunsilk price, why not try it?
In The Mane Thing on January 21, 2009 at 5:58 am
Athena Cosmetics brought us RevitaLash and is now bringing us another exciting innovation – Hair by RevitaLash, which is designed to give you thicker, fuller hair.
Athena’s Press Release says: “Hair by RevitaLash is a hair conditioner that fortifies and strengthens hair so it appears thicker, fuller and more attractive. In pre-market tests, the appearance of test subjects’ hair was noticeably improved after just two weeks of daily use of Hair by RevitaLash.”
Hair by RevitaLash has many of the ingredients found in the RevitaLash Eyelash Conditioner. It is a foam that should be massaged daily in areas where you want your hair to appear thicker and fuller. Athena says that the product is appropriate for natural, colored and chemically treated hair.
Hair by RevitaLash will be available in salons and spas across the country, will come in a two ounce pump that should last approximately three months with daily use, and will have a suggested retail price of $180. Athena is planning to launch in salons and spas as early as February 2009!
In The Makeup Says: Until we can get our hands on Hair by RevitaLash, we’re committed to spraying, spritzing, misting, and teasing our way to volume-ous hair. Hair Boutique lists the top eight products that fatten up fine hair
- PhytoVolume Actif: This product is part of a “Volume System” but on its own, just a small amount makes fine, sparse hair look fuller and feel thicker. PhytoVolume Actif is a maximizing volume spray for fine, limp hair. Keratin amino acids add body & give roots a lift. A favorite of many celebrities.
- Got2b – 2sexy Voluptuous Root-Lift Souffle: Need to whip up a flirtatious style? 2sexy Root-Lift Souffle will take your locks to new heights with this deliciously light, whipped formula.
- JF Lazartique – Hair Volume Tonic: This styling spray is a genuine solution for fine, limp hair, reinforcing and thickening it to give it both body and hold. This hair volume tonic hardens and increases the diameter of each strand as it dries by coating it with a clear film consisting primarily of chitin )a crab shell extract – 25%) to strengthen the keratin, a synthetic resin (1.2%) to coat the hair and volatile silicones which make the hair easier to comb.
- Rene Furterer Anti-Dehydrating Volumizing Mousse Soft Hold: A volumizing mousse that holds your style as it feeds your scalp, roots and hair.
- John Frieda Thickening Perfection Volumizing – Rinse-Out Treatment: This Rinse-Out Treatment with Light Enhancers gives fine hair an extra boost of luscious volume and body; improves manageability and brings out natural blonde highlights.
- Leonor Greyl Voluforme Setting Spray For Volume & Hold: Setting spray that builds in volume and hold for thin to fine strands.
- Thicker Fuller Hair Instantly: Transforms fine, limp hair into thicker, fuller hair in just one application. Special blends of natural thickening agents expand the hair shaft to build thickness and strength. Provides lasting style and ample texture, body and manageability.
- JF Lazartique – Root Volumizer For Hair: This root volumizer is a styling gel which thickens and coats the root of the hair. This gel is suitable for all hair types (Particularly short hair). It coats the hair, giving body and lift to the roots. It’s ulta-light, non-oily texture strengthens the texture of the hair. This is due to its active ingredients:-glucose powders to coat the fiber at its roo (0.6%)
-marine elastin *0.8%) to give healthy resilience and lift,
-keratin extract (0.5%) which smoothes out the scales on each hair, leaving the hair shiny and soft to the touch
-hydrolyzed marine collagen (0.5%) which moisturizes the hair shaft, strengthening it and –enabling it to absorb nutrients.
In Beauty Spy, The Mane Thing on January 17, 2009 at 11:25 pm
$200.00 for a Hair Serum from Target? Ted Gibson says YES.
New York-based celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson charges $950 for a haircut and recently styled Debra Messing’s hair for the Golden Globe Awards.
The Heart of His Hair Care: His exclusive wild orchid extract (plus some other luxurious ingredients) to work on:
- toning and conditioning an unbalanced scalp
- preventing moisture loss
- increasing flexibility
- enhancing shine
- protecting hair from environmental damage
- relieving stress with aromatherapy
“My customer is black, white and Asian. She is 25 to 55 years old. She travels. She shops. She lives in cities [all over the country]. This will give her the opportunity to buy [Ted Gibson] where she goes and shops all the time,” he said.
Gibson acknowledged that the Target deal may hamper his current distribution partnership with his current retailers like Henri Bendel, Saks Fifth Avenue and Sephora. “[The specialty stores] have been great. They have put me on the map. They believed in my two [initial] products three years ago. I am grateful for the relationships. But to grow, I went to Target. I want to be a household name and only to be in one channel of distribution, that couldn’t be realized.”
Gibson’s product range includes a variety of shampoo+conditioner and styling products that are formulated with his Merlot Complex for shine and movement.
In May, Target doors will feature a photo and bio of the hairstylist along with his items.
In The Makeup Says: We do love Ted Gibson’s ingredients, packaging, scent, and performance. But we swear on our makeup kits that Moroccan Oil (under $30) is as good to your hair as Ted’s $200 hair repair serum.
In Beauty Spy, The Mane Thing on January 17, 2009 at 3:08 am
This April, seven Aveeno Shampoos + Conditioners will hit the shelves.
The Heart of the Line:
The Nourishing Wheat Complex lies at the heart of the hair care line, which is actually a blend of wheat germ oil and wheat protein to help replenish moisture by targeting the weakest part of the follicle and depositing the right amount of proteins. Aveeno’s complex, it should be noted, uses nonhydrolyzed protein, which means that it is not soluble in water and won’t break down when washing.
The Line Includes:
Nourish+Moisturize shampoo and conditioner for dry and damaged hair. Clinical results after three washes with these items showed that 92 percent of women’s hair looked healthier and showed improvement in manageability; 92 percent of women felt their hair was more moisturized and 85 percent showed improvement in softness.
Nourish+Revitalize shampoo and conditioner is designed to help protect hair’s moisture balance and repair everyday damage, and is gentle enough for color-treated hair. Clinical results showed that these items helped 92 percent of women’s hair improve in softness; 88 percent of women’s hair showed an improvement in moisturization and 83 percent of women’s hair looked healthier.
Nourish+Volumize shampoo and conditioner, designed to boost volume, uses blue lotus flower. Clinical results showed that after three washes, 92 percent of women’s hair improved in smoothness; 88 percent of women’s hair improved in elasticity and nearly 80 percent of women thought their hair felt more repaired and looked shinier.
Nourish+Soothe shampoo, which uses lavender and peppermint, addresses those with sensitive scalps.
Nourish+Condition Leave-In Treatment is a leave-in conditioner that aims to add moisture.
Products will sell for $6.49